Move in: June 5th (noon-6:00 pm)
Program Start: June 6th
9:00: SURFS Orientation, JAAC 1037
10:00 Area-specific safety training
Program End: July 8th or 15th
Move out: July 9th (8:00-noon) or 15th (noon-6:00 pm)
Poster Session: July 8th
Dress Code: This summer, you will be performing research in a professional environment. While we do not require specific dress, we ask for you to be conscious of your lab or clinical setting. Please also be sure to follow the safety dress rules of your laboratory.
Social Activities: We will be offering several in-person social activities, per the updated safety guidelines. We are expecting everyone to attend the first event, a picnic being held on Friday, June 10th, but all other events are optional. SURFS will organize these events, but you will have to pay for them. We are excited to help you connect with each other!
Updated Covid-19 Protocols
Housing will be in Russell Hall, the suite style housing, for students staying with us this summer. The building is split in half, with majority of space being suite style. They will have several kitchens available for you to make food in for your meals. Some guidelines are below!
- All students staying with us will have abide by regular university policies during the summer including the visitation policy. They will have to check in and out guests during the hours at the front desks.
- Check out these helpful guides on our move in day reslife website for what you can and cannot bring into the dorms.
- For check in and out, the students will complete a room condition report with an RA on their arrival and departure and exchange keys and will be responsible for cleaning the space on their departure per our normal checkout processes. They will not need to schedule a time to come check in, we will have the front desk staffed and ready to check the students in as they come.
- Check out the calendar above for the specific move in/out windows.
- We will not be providing meal plans for SURFS participants, but you can purchase one on your own.
- The cafeteria will be open during the following hours and closed between these times.
- Breakfast 7:00-9:00
- Lunch 11:00-1:30
- Dinner- 4:30-6:30
- The Recreation center will be open from 8-4 during the week.
Program Director: Beth Bowman, email@example.com, cell (615) 979-2870
Belmont Non-Emergency: 615-460-6617
Belmont Emergency: 615-460-6911
Metro Non-Emergency: 615-862-8600
Metro Emergency: 911
General Security Questions/Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Control: email@example.com
Counseling Services: (615) 460-6856
TalkNow provides free 24/7 virtual access to mental health support. Download the TimelyCare app to access TalkNow – once in the app, click “TalkNow” to be connected with a mental health professional for assistance.